First of all, thank you to every single person that allowed us to work with you this year to help you continue to grow both professionally and personally with skills that will continue to flourish in the new year. One of the most gratifying parts of our job is seeing the smiles on the student's faces that are impacted by the work that we do with each and every one of you.
Second, thank you to everyone for the support of the SW Michigan Mini Maker Faire! In our second year, we had over 1,500 attendees and continue to increase student involvement in the faire. Please mark down June 3rd, 2017 for the upcoming faire! The call for makers should open soon after the new year.
Third, as I sit and reflect on all of the amazing activities that we have done with all of you, I thought i best to write it in a short list below:
- Brought drones to middle school students to construct and fly!
- Ran a maker day for Brown Elementary where students developed stop motion animations, coded robots, and flew paper rockets.
- Google, Google, Google! Together, we did over 80 Google based training sessions to help everyone grow.
- Helped with students 3D printing boats based on the Christmas tree boat that used to service Chicago.
- Facilitated Breakout sessions with tons of classrooms and helped students develop critical thinking skills.
- And even more things that I am sure I have forgotten!
Thank you to all of you for being awesome and we look forward to working with you in the new year!